Wednesday 23 August 2017

The Cumbrians in The Felling's History

                                     Map of Cumberland & Westmoreland

Perhaps the best known Cumbrian who came to The Felling is Rev. John Hodgson but there are a number of others who made their mark. (Of course there were also lots of others who did not make their mark, like my Grandma on my Dad's side and my Great Grandad on my Mam's side, who gave up being a scarecrow to work down the pit.)

This is me with my Great Grandad








Hugh Lee Pattinson
Dept Store Felling High Street
John Grundy

1 comment:

  1. My second name is lee I get it off my grandad who was born in felling as was I. Apparently his family moved to felling from cumbria i would love some more info about this subject if you no anything

    ReplyDelete